- 3 pounds pork butt or shoulder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all spices in a bowl.
- Cut pork into 2-3 inch cubes. Place the pork cubes in a large bowl & coat with spices.
- Place the seasoned meat in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 8-9 hours.
- After cooking, stir the meat with a fork to shred the meat. If it’s not tender enough to fall apart when stirred, return the lid and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Keep the shredded meat in the juices from the slow cooker until ready to serve for the best flavor.
Adapted from Budget Bytes.
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
Whisk ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator, at least 4 hours.
From All Recipes.
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- ¼ cup orange juice (about 1 medium orange)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of minced garlic
Puree ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
From Eating Well.