- 1/3 cup panko
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 lb lingcod
- 1 egg beaten lightly in a bowl
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Canola oil for frying
- Cut the fish into a few small-medium sized pieces
- Mix the panko and the coconut together in a large shallow bowl
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl
- Heat about 1/2″ of oil in your pan or skillet, and when it’s good and hot dredge your fish from the egg to the coconut-panko and settle into the pan, cooking for about 3-4 minutes per side until it’s a nice golden color all around and the fish is cooked through.
From Sea Forager.