- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut the shortening and butter into the flour with a pastry knife.
- Add milk to form a soft dough.
- Mix well and pat out on a floured countertop until about 1/2 inch thick; cut out rounds.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Adapted from Vegan with a Vengeance & Ruth Wakefield’s Toll House Tried and True Recipes.