- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated celery
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (approx 1.5 lemons)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- A pinch of cayenne
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly with immersion blender.
Adapted from the Gourmess.
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch of cilantro with stems
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½-1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- pinch of chipotle powder
Adapted from: Delightful Mom Food.
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- ¼ cup orange juice (about 1 medium orange)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of minced garlic
Puree ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
From Eating Well.
- 10-12 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
In an unoiled small, heavy skillet, roast the unpeeled garlic cloves on medium heat, turning them occasionally. Cook the garlic for about 10 to 15 minutes, until it is soft and covered with dark spots. To test for doneness, press a garlic clove with a spoon. When you see small bubbles of juice bursting through the skin, remove the garlic from the skillet. When the cloves are cool enough to handle, peel the garlic.
In a blender or food processor, puree the garlic with the oil, vinegar, water, salt, pepper, and mustard until smooth. Covered and refrigerated, this dressing will keep for several weeks.
From Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home: Fast and Easy Recipes for Any Day.