From Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home (pp. 355)
The Quick-Soaking Method
- Put beans in a pot and cover them with 2 inches of water.
- Place pot on high heat and bring water to boil.
- After beans have boiled uncovered for 2 minutes, cover the pot and remove from heat.
- Allow beans to sit for 1 hour (chickpeas will take a bit longer).
- Beans are ready to cook!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place picked-over, rinsed, soaked, and drained beans in oven-safe pot and cover with 2 inches of fresh water.
- Bake for 1 hour (chickpeas will take a bit longer).