For the Soup
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 serrano or jalapeño seeded & diced (or more to taste)
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes (pref. fire-roasted)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced avocado, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked and falling apart, 5 to 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork & return to slow-cooker.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, avocado & cilantro.
Adapted from Delish.