- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a small stainless-steel frying pan, heat the oil and butter over moderate heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until brown but not crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, wine, and pepper.
- Simmer until the wine is reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cheese, and salt.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguine until just done, about 12 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, add it to the egg-and-cheese mixture, and toss quickly.
- Pour the bacon mixture over the linguine.
- Add the parsley and toss just until mixed.
- Serve immediately with additional Parmesan.
From Food & Wine.