- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons divided southwest seasoning mix (see below)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
Southwest Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make southwest seasoning mix.
- Cut chicken into strips against the grain.
- Put chicken, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic and 1 tbsp of the southwest seasoning mix in a large bag or airtight container. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare the peppers and onions and place in a large bowl. Add olive oil and the other half of the southwest seasoning mix and stir until all pieces are coated.
- Spread veggies evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from over and add the chicken making a row spaced evenly apart. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and turn oven to broil. Once heated, place the baking sheet back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes. This will help the veggies crisp up.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Add fresh cilantro and lime juice as desired. Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.
Adapted from Baking with Josh and Ange.