- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, half of it juiced, the other half sliced in wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons champagne or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- Season your fillets with salt & pepper
- Fire up the stovetop and get your pan super hot, add vegetable oil, swirl in pan
- Sear your halibut fillets, starting with the skinless side, until golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- While your fish is searing, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, capers, mustard, and thyme in a bowl
- Flip your fish and continue cooking, skin-side down, for 2 minutes
- Lower heat to medium-low and pour on your sauce, simmer until fish is opaque and cooked through.
- Plate, topping with more of the warm sauce, and enjoy!
From Sea Forager.