- 1 lb albacore tuna loin
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
For the rub/crust:
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- A heavy-bottomed pan big enough to cook your whole loin
- Pat your loin dry so that your crust will adhere.
- Rub with a bit of olive oil then eason with sea salt,then roll in your crust rub.
- Heat your pan for 4 minutes, then add oil.
- When it shimmers, lay your loin on the pain and LEAVE IT ALONE for 1 minute per side. 2 if you want it less rare. Your crust will get dark and crispy, this is good.
- Turn and repeat so the outside is uniformly cooked.
- Remove and slice crosswise into 1/3″ slices with a very sharp (serrated works well) knife.
From Sea Forager.